Meet Your Owensboro Orthodontist
Meet Sam Thompson, DMD
Dr. Thompson was thrilled to come back home to join the practice that treated him in his younger years, and he joined our team in January 2022.
He recalls the amazing care that Dr. Durall and his team provided to him and hopes to pass on the same empathetic and great care to many future Owensboro generations.
Dr. Thompson strives to combine tried and true methods with the latest research-backed techniques to enhance your orthodontic journey.
Meet Justin Wedding, DMD
Dr. Wedding and his wife Madison joined the practice in 2017 to continue the legacy of service and kindness fostered over the years by Dr. Durall and his “Dream Team”.
Dr. Wedding’s passion is to create an amazing orthodontic experience for patients through positive energy combined with new technology and creative problem-solving.
How orthodontists and dentists differ
While orthodontists and dentists have similar backgrounds, the two professions are actually quite different. In fact, all orthodontist are trained as dentists first, but in addition to completing dental school to become a dentist, orthodontists continue their education for a few additional years to earn the license and certification necessary to be considered an orthodontist. That means that orthodontists have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. That education includes what to do, how to plan and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan for patients' unique cases.
Why seeing an orthodontist matters
If you're hoping to achieve a beautiful, straight forever smile that you can feel confident in, it's important that you see an orthodontist to help guide you on your journey. This is because the additional training that orthodontists undergo helps them develop the skills necessary to diagnose and treat more complex orthodontic cases. Dentists also receive basic orthodontic training which enables them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing your Owensboro orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Owensboro orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Wedding Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Owensboro area.